Avenue De Saxe – COVID-19
Adam here from Avenue De Saxe.
I just wanted to keep you informed with a couple of notes about the current state of play and the pandemic that’s unfolding across the world.
I’m sure you’re aware there are various policies being enforced by governments and health officials across the globe. As of this March 16, Avenue De Saxe has commenced a work from home policy as a basic spatial distancing strategy. Given our work is predominantly web and digital-based we are well placed to continue effectively uninterrupted during this tumultuous period.
I know many of our clients will not be in such a position due to the nature of their business so I wanted to offer some suggestions and opportunities for consideration to help mitigate some of the potential negative effects of a down-turn or reduced workforce while staff isolate or quarantine themselves.
One thing that is a given is that business will go on and it will likely be businesses that stay positive, look for opportunities and keep moving that will come out the better for it.
Here are some items that might be worth considering:
- Setup Live Web Chat systems on your website to engage customers directly
- Produce email blasts (like this one) updating your customers with any news as it relates to them and your business eg opening hours, cancellations etc.
- Offer remote consultations using tools such as Google Hangouts, Zoom meetings, Skype or FaceTime.
- Review your marketing and social media strategies and produce new branded content with COVID-19 information and how it relates to your customers.
- If you have an e-Commerce site consider implementing a creative promotion to drive sales or grow your mailing list or consider the creation of a gift-card system to drive sales now than can be used later
- Produce instructional posters to place around worksites eg wash hands policies, medical policies, sick leave policies etc
- Start moving to cloud-based file systems such as Google Drive, Box.com or Dropbox.
Obviously keeping yourself and your staff healthy during this time is the number one priority but it’s also important to keep communicating with your customers and reassure them you’re there when you need them.
If you need any help with any of the suggestions provided above please don’t hesitate to get in touch or read our preparing and sustaining Australian Businesses during COVID-19 post that provides more guidence and recommendations.
Take care and look after each other,